Portland Real Estate - Find Your Perfect Home For Sale!
Portland - Town vs. County Stats
Avg Price in Portland: $619,100 / County Avg $601,500
Avg Taxes in Portland: $6,200 / County Avg $6,100
Avg Sq. Ft. in Portland: 2,210 / County Avg 2,174
Avg Price per/ft2 in Portland: $280 / County Avg $277
Avg Walkscore in Portland: 57 / County Avg 57
Avg Year Built in Portland: 1969 / County Avg 1968
Avg Days on Website in Portland: 64 / County Avg 65
Portland Real Estate Market Health
As the city with a knack for eccentricity and the feeling of a small town packed into a big city, Portland, Oregon makes for one splendid place to live.
Portland sits on the edge of the Columbia river, just bordering Washington State. The city is a bustling metropolis with just about everything you could want from affluent design of the Pearl District, to the beautiful vintage apartments of Goose Hollow, to the eccentric small businesses lining Hawthorne’s streets.
Portland’s biggest draws
- It may be the most unique major city in the U.S.
- The arts and music scene of Portland is nothing short of exemplary. Arts colleges are a plenty (Pacific Northwest College of Art and the Portland Art Institute to name a couple). Right in the dead center of downtown Portland is the expansive Portland Art Museum that touts a range of classics from Picasso’s to Monet’s to Magritte's. New artist galleries and exhibits are in abundance at all times in Portland.
- Small businesses absolutely thrive in Portland. Slate.com and FastCompany.com both claim it to be a bastion of salvation for the small and niche businesses.
- Dog lovers love this city. With 33 dog parks, the city is ranked #1 in major US cities for dog owners by Estately Blog.
- The Rose City is never short of beautiful scenery. With a plethora of beautiful public gardens, the Columbia River just steps away, and a grandscaping view of Mount Hood that is every present, it’s hard to say Portland is not a beautiful city.
- Music, whether you like contemporary music or classical, Portland supplies the best of both. With the Oregon Symphony and a multitude of community orchestras, Portland is a hub for classical music lovers. Similarly, Portland State University offers an renowned music program for its students. Contemporary music, rock, pop, indie, rap, country, all have a massive community of support from Portland with the many venues of concerts the city has to offer.
- The public transportation in Portland is rated 5th best in the nation by US News and for good reason. The MAX line can take you just about anywhere in Portland at a dirt cheap price.
- Coffee and Beer are done right in Portland. If you’re into specialty and local beer, Portland has some of the best in the nation. Similarly, coffee is treated with the utmost care and Portlanders take pride in all of their brews.
- Portland has top of the line schools and colleges. The University of Portland is ranked 8th Best in Western Schools by US news.
Portland is the best at what it does. It’s the big city with a welcoming small city vibe.